We present for our citizens an overview of the key events of the week in the Republic, the latest statistics of people’s appeals to the Human Rights Ombudsman in the DPR, as well as updated data on the casualties and victims of Ukraine’s armed aggression.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK.
THE SITUATION AT THE FRONT
- Due to the coordinated actions of the troops of the Russian Federation, the AFU are suffering colossal losses along the entire front line. Our defenders managed to take new areas of territory in the Avdeevka direction.
RESONANT WAR CRIMES COMMITTED BY UKRAINE
- On September 16, five civilians were killed as a result of shelling of Donetsk and Svetlodarsk from the AFU.
- On September 19, as a result of shelling of the Kievsky district of Donetsk from the AFU, a man was killed and five people were injured.
- On September 20, a woman died as a result of attack from Ukrainian militants carried out at the civilian population of Donetsk.
- It is now possible to obtain the status of a combat participant in Russia without submitting a personal application, because departments will do everything on their own based on existing information.
- The People’s Council of the DPR elected Denis Pushilin to the post of Head of the DPR.
- In accordance with federal legislation on martial law, the DPR has introduced a ban on citizens being on the streets and in other public places on weekdays from 23 pm to 4 am.
- The territories of new regions of the Russian Federation from March 1, 2024 will be included within the boundaries of the Southern Military District. The corresponding changes were made to the draft Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 20, 2010 No. 1144 “On the military-administrative division of the Russian Federation.”
- The first meeting of deputies of the People’s Council of the DPR of the 1st convocation took place. Artem Zhoga was elected chairman of the republican parliament.
Since the beginning of 2023, the Ombudsman received 16478 complaints.
- Death toll and injuries to civilians and soldiers as a result of hostilities in the territory of the Donetsk People`s Republic
The DPR Ombudsman’s Office documents cases of violations of Donbass citizens’ rights by the Ukrainian side, including the right to life, personal integrity and freedom of movement.
2. Register of displaced persons and affected citizens
At the time of armed conflict, the civilian population living in the zone of fighting and near the contact line is often affected. With the view to protect the human right to life and security of the person, and to provide assistance to victims as a result of armed aggression by Ukraine, there social facilities (dormitories, preventative clinics, health care centers).
In accordance with the Order of the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic No. 137 of 24.04.2018, territorial commissions in cities and districts are now responsible for accommodating affected civilians. They work under the supervision of the Republican Commission on Resettlement of Affected Persons chaired by the DPR Human Rights Ombudsman.