On 09.03.2022, Decree of the Head of the Donetsk People’s Republic dated 09.03.2022 No. 61 “On some issues of providing social support measures to orphans and children left without parental care, to persons who have lost both parents or the only parent, students (pupils) of state organizations of the Donetsk People’s Republic” (hereinafter the Decree of the Head of the DPR “On some issues of providing social support”).
According to the Decree, orphans and children left without parental care, except for those who are under tutorship and guardianship or transferred to a foster family or a family-type children’s homes and persons who have lost both parents during the period of study at the age of 18 to 23 or the only parent, who are studying in all types of state or municipal educational organizations of the Donetsk People’s Republic on a full-time basis of education, will be in full state education until the age of 23 or until the end of the relevant educational organizations.
In addition, in accordance with the Decree, the Government of the Donetsk People’s Republic is empowered to approve:
– the order and norms of accommodation and nutritionals standards of these persons;
– the procedure and norms for providing clothing, footwear and soft equipment to these persons;
– the procedure and norms for providing personal hygiene products to these persons;
– the procedure for making cash payments to the specified persons;
– the procedure for granting the right to free transport in urban and suburban public bus routes, as well as once a year to the place of residence and place of study for these persons;
– standard costs for providing measures of social support for these persons.