At the next meeting in Minsk, Donetsk is going to demand the lists of DPR supporters, detained by Kiev since the beginning of the Joint Forces Operation (JFO). This was claimed by the DPR Ombudsman Daria Morozova in the interview to DAN commenting on the JFO statement saying several hundred people have been detained in the conflict zone.
“I have no idea whom they have included into the list. I am going to request the list of those 449 people from Kiev in Minsk to see who the detainees are.”
She said that the Ombudsman Office has received only 14 appeals on the detention of DPR supporters by Ukrainian forces, since Kiev changed the military operation’s format (since April 30).
“Our people are aware of the personal check procedures conducted by the Ukrainian side, they know what personal belongings are allowed. People got used to living in wartime and to such kind of checks,” Ombudsman added.
On August 16, the commander of the JFO Sergey Nayev said 449 people associated with the Donbass Republics had been detained in the operation zone.